[Groop]Groo-like movie (The Mask of Zorro)

Vaughn Seward vaughn@sewardconsulting.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:31:00 -0600

Excuse me if you have already talked about the movie "The Mask of Zorro"
(1998)...I wasn't paying too close attention to the recent Groop movie
postings.

I recently watched "The Mask of Zorro" and noticed some uncanny
similarities to the world of Groo. Here are a few, I am sure others may
find more:

-Groo: the Zorro apprentice (although in the end is smarter than Groo)
stumbles along a la Inspector Clousseau in the Pink Panther series. His
skill with swords (and in some cases two-handed) is very much like Groo.
-Frays: many of the sword fights are very much like those in which we find
Groo involved.
-Arcadio: the blond army guy (cavalry commander) reminds me of Arcadio.
-Chakaal: Angelina (or Angelica, whatever her name is, Zorro's daughter) is
very beautiful just like our favorite lady in the Groo world. She is also
very good with a sword and can fight very well along-side Zorro's appentice.
-Pal & Drum: There is a big Mexican guy and a little bossy Mexican guy that
reminds me of Pal & Drum.
-Mexico: the story takes place in old Mexico. Isn't Sergio from Mexico?
-etc.

~Vaughn Seward