[Groop]Stupid Groo Fact #23

Mark Evanier mail@evanier.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:59:02 -0700

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:36:49 -0700, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Stupid Groo Fact #23:  Groo's first words were "Oh, well..."  in a thought
>bubble in the final panel of the Destroyer Duck Groo Story, known as "Groo
>and the Maiden," although there was no formal title.  Unless I am mistaken,
>these are the only words in any Groo comic NOT lettered by Stan Sakai.  I
>think Sergio lettered them himself.

ME: Sergio did letter those.  But there have actually been a number of
words in the comic lettered by me...a number of balloons and a few
whole pages.
www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.