[Groop]The Big Old Stupid Statue Picture Contest!!!

Dennis White dennisw@jsav.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:42:56 -0500

Don't you wish the hooks were still there, so you could hang your tree
ornaments on the to complete the ensemble

Dennis White

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Grossmann [mailto:grossfam@olywa.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:14 PM
To: Larry Steller; groop@groo.com
Subject: Re: [Groop]The Big Old Stupid Statue Picture Contest!!!

Hi Folks!

Well, as some of you may remember (and as Ruben actually saw in person) my
Groo statue sits atop it's very own Two-Way Rotating Upside Down Converted
Tie-Matic Stand.

You see, one of my numerous strange and bizarre relatives (and I don't care
what anyone says or thinks-NO ONE has a more bizarre set of relatives on
both sides of the family than me.  Proof:  I am considered far and away the
most normal.)

Anyway, one of them gave me this thing called a "Tie-Matic." It's this black
plastic thingy with a motor inside and little hooks hanging down from a
circle of plastic and the idea is you attach it to the wall, hang your ties
on it, and rotate the hanging ties around until the one you want is right
their in front of you.  Right.

Plus I hate wearing ties and I own only two for certain work related tie
required events and the odd tie required going out event.  So even if it
wasn't a cheesy piece of worthless plastic, it still would have been a dumb
idea.

This was around the time the Groo Statues came out and my younger son piped
up and said "Gee, Dad, if you cut off all the hooks and turned it upside
down, it would be just the right size and make a cool Groo stand.  So that's
exactly what I did.  We had to gerry-rig the gers a little, install a
rubberband, and juice up the motor with a more potent battery, but it works
great!!  Probably the best use for a Tie-Matic ever!

Take care all -Gary G.