[Groop]Comics... in a Book Store?

CrazySketchbook@aol.com CrazySketchbook@aol.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:47:45 EST

--part1_1bb.a1f3b33.2b1ec6d1_boundary

I know I read in an issue of Wizard a while back that Barnes & Noble is=20
currently designing a chain of comic-book stores.  Even though this isn't=20
comic-books located within an already established chain as you described, I=20
just thought it was interesting.

- Tyler Sticka

> There are a few Borders Book stores in my area. These stores are the=20
> largest book stores I've ever seen. They've got just about any book you ca=
n=20
>=20
> imagine, all in a trendy, upscale, "let's get a latt=E9" atmosphere.
>=20
> I spend a lot of time in these Borders Book stores. My wife and I both rea=
d=20
>=20
> voraciously, so any time we're remotely in the vicinity of a Borders we=20
> usually stop by.
>=20
> Anyhow, last weekend... I saunter in (yes, I sauntered) and head first to=20
> the Magazine aisles for what I consider the "appetizers" of the book buyin=
g=20
>=20
> experience.
> I stopped dead in my tracks (mid-saunter).
>=20
> There on the end cap of TWO aisles of magazines were upright metal display=
s=20
>=20
> of comic books.
>=20
> Not graphic novels. Regular, monthly, comic books. DC, marvel, DH, Image,=20
> even some Manga titles. I'm guessing about 50+ different titles.
>=20
> While I don't expect them to be as precise and timely as my local shop, I=20
> am thrilled to see comics in what used to be a non-comics venue.  (Comics=20
> in a book store?  Duh.... nope, nope, nope....)
>=20
> I don't know how far-reaching Borders is, but I'd be curious to know if=20
> your local outlet has suddenly sprouted comic books as well.
>=20
> Now if we can only get them in pharmacies and supermarkets and 5 and dime=20
> stores.. oh wait... we used to....
>=20
> ~N

--part1_1bb.a1f3b33.2b1ec6d1_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I know I read in an issue of Wizard a while back that=20=
Barnes &amp; Noble is currently designing a chain of comic-book stores.&nbsp=
; Even though this isn't comic-books located within an already established c=
hain as you described, I just thought it was interesting.<BR>
<BR>
- Tyler Sticka<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">There are a few Borders Book st=
ores in my area. These stores are the <BR>
largest book stores I've ever seen. They've got just about any book you can=20=
<BR>
imagine, all in a trendy, upscale, "let's get a latt=E9" atmosphere.<BR>
<BR>
I spend a lot of time in these Borders Book stores. My wife and I both read=20=
<BR>
voraciously, so any time we're remotely in the vicinity of a Borders we <BR>
usually stop by.<BR>
<BR>
Anyhow, last weekend... I saunter in (yes, I sauntered) and head first to <B=

the Magazine aisles for what I consider the "appetizers" of the book buying=20=
<BR>
experience.<BR>
I stopped dead in my tracks (mid-saunter).<BR>
<BR>
There on the end cap of TWO aisles of magazines were upright metal displays=20=
<BR>
of comic books.<BR>
<BR>
Not graphic novels. Regular, monthly, comic books. DC, marvel, DH, Image, <B=

even some Manga titles. I'm guessing about 50+ different titles.<BR>
<BR>
While I don't expect them to be as precise and timely as my local shop, I <B=

am thrilled to see comics in what used to be a non-comics venue.&nbsp; (Comi=
cs <BR>
in a book store?&nbsp; Duh.... nope, nope, nope....)<BR>
<BR>
I don't know how far-reaching Borders is, but I'd be curious to know if <BR>
your local outlet has suddenly sprouted comic books as well.<BR>
<BR>
Now if we can only get them in pharmacies and supermarkets and 5 and dime <B=

stores.. oh wait... we used to....<BR>
<BR>
~N</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>