[Groop]OT Questions for Mark

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:21:40 -0800

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:00:15 -0800, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Have you ever worked with Thurl Ravenscroft?  I heard him interviewed this
>week and was blown away that he has been the voice of Tony the Tiger for 51
>years, not to mention being the singer of the Grinch song.  He sounded like
>a pretty cool guy.

ME: He seems to be.  No, I never worked with him.  About two years
ago, I was about to do a project and I wanted him to voice one of the
roles.  He's semi-retired these days and without an agent, so I got
his phone number and called him up.  He sounded exactly like Thurl
Ravenscroft on the phone and we had a nice chat.  Unfortunately, the
project never happened.  I'm still hoping that on the next one...

>Also, what program did you use to teach yourself code how to make your web
>site?

ME: I just started playing around with Front Page until I learned how
to use it.  Actually, what I do is to design a page in Front Page and
then I use a very simple HTML editor to strip out a couple of commands
that Front Page likes to insert that I don't want in my pages.
www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.