[Groop]Happy Palindome Day!

Mark Brown mark@6thebrownhouse.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:51:18 -0000

What is even stranger - is that the exact and unique time that you
experience - is repeated again at a different times - depending on where you
stand (or even sit) on the world.  For example, I am not going to see
11.09.23 for another 11 hours or so.... and for the folks in the US it is
still yesterday early evening - unless you are on the West Coast - where it
is probably about half past yesterday lunchtime.

Life is so much easier when GMT passes about three miles south of your
back-garden - I don't think I could cope living in a country with multiple
time zones...  What happens if you live in one state and work in another
that's in a different zone.. you could conceivably drive an hour to work and
be at your desk instantaneously and by the time you arrive home everyone
else is an hour older than you (can't you just tell that I have just put NO
thought into this !!)   What happens when one side of a street is in one
zone and the other is ahead/behind of you ???  I would imagine that there is
a "fudge" area between the two where everyone for several miles (?) has to
work much longer hours... ?

My head hurts.. I'm going to bed.

Mark ("Time" is the passing of the moment and "Life" is but an illusion)
Brown.