[Groop]GROO NEWS from me

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:42:38 -0800

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:58:00 -0800, Ruben Arellano <rarellano@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>In short, these are my demands for the anniversary issue:
>*unpublished stuff -- 'rejected' pages from Groo stories, perhaps ones
>deemed too 'mature' (eg: violent) from the early days, concept drawings,
>silly napkin doodles, etc.  I'm especially interested in the early Groo
>years.

ME: We'll probably be running a good supply of doodles.  But apart
from the one cover we printed in the hardcover GROO CHRONICLES, I'm
not sure there's ever been a page that was finished and rejected.
Lots of things have been changed in the rough pencil stage but I can't
recall anything that reached the ink stage.

>*close-ups of some of the Groo cameos in the MAD marginals

ME: Don't think we could get permission for that.

>*an article about some of the stories you and Sergio have discussed but
>decided not to do

ME: Don't know if we want to tip those because we may still do them.

>*animation cells, if any have been done

ME: None done.

>*a page of stickers or a bumper sticker would be cool

ME: Maybe.

>*some of the original material from foreign publications

ME: We'll do that, almost certainly.

>*reprints of some of the rarer short stories (for those
>non-hardcore-collecting readers)

ME: Suggest which ones you think we oughta do.

>*Oh, and some nudie pix of Chakaal would be nice.... (sorry Eric)

ME: We don't have any.  But we have plenty of Grooella...

www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.