[Groop]ideas for the momentous 20th year

Joe oddman@hyperisland.se
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:33:46 +0100

>What about a short lil' animated cartoon?

ME and Sergio have talked with studios about that before. Mark says that
they will only do it if they can be 100% sure that it will be done properly.
(i.e. not selling out like Eastman and Laid did with Ninja Turtles...)

>Or, what about a video game?

Same there. If I remember correctly, ME and Sergio have had some discussions
with game companies but nothing has materialized yet. (In all honesty, with
the current state of the video game industry, Groo may not reach a wide
enough audience for a game publisher to risk it.)

>Maybe a computer game, if those are easier to make?

Ooh. That is a tough one. Technically, I suppose animation could be easier.
(Though I am certainly no expert!) It has been around for a lot longer than
video games and there are a lot of talented people out there. Most of them
Koreans, if you watch the credits for the Simpsons! : )

Other than that, I would imagine that thinking up good ideas for toons is
just as difficult as for video games (which I do have some experience with).

M.E., if you´re reading this, don´t surprised if one day a tech
demo/prototype for a Groo game plops into your mailbox. : )

/Joe Fricano
Sweden