[Groop]International groo

lanko marusic franc.marusic@sunysb.edu
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:46:42 -0500

> From: "Gary Grossmann" <grossfam@olywa.net>
>
> Groo has been published in 11 other countries in 9 Languages, totaling =
> 187 publications, plus serialization in a Malaysian newspaper for 4 =
> years.  I just got some information yesterday so I need to update things =
> and I'm not sure if the second (third overall) French book has come out =
> yet, but I can send details soon on which issues came out where and when =
> if you want them.=20
>
> The countries are Denmark (8), Sweden (9), Norway 43), Finland(8), =
> France (3), Germany (13), Brazil (30), Spain(62), Mexico,(4)  and =
> Turkey(7).  And Malaysia (218 Sunday papers).  Spain still publishes the =
> new tradepaperbacks and TPB's of the old stuff.  Germany & France have =
> also done a couple in the last few years, but mostly the International =
> Groos were produced from the 80's to mid-90's. =20

Groo was published also in (former) Yugoslavia. I don't know how many
issues exactly (at least 6, but my guess would be around 10) since I
only have a couple of them. This was in the late 80's, or around that
time. I believe the publisher was from what is today Croatia (therefore
Zagreb).
The publication was called "MAXI Strip" and it included several other
comics in the same volume. They were printed without any colors.

lanko