[Groop]Turkish Groos

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:43:55 -0700

Hi Folks!

Many of you know the bizarre tale of Turkish Groos: That for some reason,
even though they could have used the stats, they had people trace (very
badly) Sergio's drawings for their Groo publications. The only actual Sergio
art are the covers.  They printed 6 comics (although I've only found the
first 3), each containing 2 butchered Groo stories, covering Epic Groo 1-12.
The also published a "Special" that reprinted 4 of the same Groo comics,
bringing the total to 7.

At least that's what I thought.

Turns out there are at least 2 Specials. One has Epic #8, #7, #5, and #6 in
that order, and the other has #10, #9, #12, and #11 in that order.  But
what's really weird is the covers are exactly the same.  No difference
whatsoever.  Even the ad on the back cover is the same!  The only way you
would know they were different books is by looking inside.  No wonder this
site that I found only listed 7 and no wonder these guys went out of
business!

(Hey Shane!  Do your really want to start collecting International Groos?)

Take care all -Gary "Only 2+ weeks to San Diego" G.