[Groop]M.E. needs a favor

Mark Evanier mail@evanier.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:28:20 -0700

Hi, Groop.  One of the events at the Comic-Con International next week
is a slide show that Scott Shaw! and I are doing of comics edited by
Julius Schwartz.  Scott and I picked about 50 comics out of my
collection and I was supposed to shoot slides of their covers that we
can project during the show.

Two problems: One is that my 35mm camera equipment hasn't been touched
in five years and a few components have gotten shabby and non-working.
I used to do this all the time but I'm not currently able.  And the
other problem is that I'm sddenly swamped with work that will occupy
my every minute between now and the convention.

Is there anyone out there with a 35mm camera, the know-how to shoot
slides of comic book covers and a willingness to help?  I'm looking
for someone to whom I could FedEx the comics in question, who would
shoot them in the next few days and FedEx them and the slides back to
me...or, if this person is attending the con, bring them to me there.
I will pay for FedEx and film and such, and reward the person with
something Groo-related.
www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.