[Groop]WizardWorldEast Philly

Mark Evanier mail@evanier.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:28:57 -0800

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:21:58 -0500, "Noah Grochowaski"
<ngrochowaski@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. That explains why I haven't seen any Groo stuff
>(which is the best), only the mainstream stuff. Has either you or Sergio ever been to a
>convention in or near Philly? Last time I've been to one was back in '93 (Comicfest '93
>and I bought a Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Groo t-shirt (which I never got to wear
>much because my wife was always wearing it).

ME: I went to a convention in Philadelphia around five years ago.  I'm
sure Sergio has been to one at some point (he's been everywhere) but I
don't know when.

Frankly, I go to very few conventions these days besides San Diego.
I've kind of gotten "conventioned-out" over the years and I get
utterly bored, sitting there and signing comics all day.  I might not
even attend San Diego but for the time that I get to moderate all
those panels, which I find enormous fun.  (I'll be hosting a number of
panels at Wondercon, including a variation on "Whose Line Is It
Anyway?" in which a number of artists, Sergio included, will try to
quickly draw gags based on suggestions from the audience.)
www.POVonline.com - a website about comic books, cartoons, TV,
movies, Groo the Wanderer, Broadway, Las Vegas, Hollywood,
Stan Freberg, Laurel & Hardy, Jack Kirby and possums in my backyard.