[Groop]Re: Groop digest, Vol 1 #572 - 3 msgs

Ogami jo567779@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 16:38:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Gary Grossmann wrote:

> Mark has consistently told us that a Groo cartoon will come about only
> when he and Sergio have complete creative/quality control and the
> proceeds percentages are right. (As in something other than the cartoon
> powers that be insisting everything be done on the cheap and then
> keeping all the money.)  So far, this hasn't happened.  -Gary G.

I am struggling to imagine how any Groo fight scene could be animated
without drawing an NC-17 rating at the movie theater, let alone during the
"Disney Afternoon" on television. Even his dining scenes would have to be
similarly censored in some way, how do you sell food advertisements
when people have just watched him eat? (chuckle)

I think the only way Groo could be a cartoon is if it were funded by a
Premium cable channel like Showtime or HBO, or if our heroes went to some
Japanamation studio to draw it.

On that last point, Japanese studios are used to depicting ultra-high
realism in their animation. Yet I doubt any of them can approach the
detail Sergio and the rest put in.

-Ogami