[Groop]Larry and his rant

Bodhikt@aol.com Bodhikt@aol.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:32:29 EDT

--part1_1a6.2dbc873.2a24463d_boundary

In a message dated 5/27/02 12:03:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rarellano@shaw.ca writes:

> Donate them to an Elementary or Junior/High School Library.  I guarantee
> that the kids will get more enjoyment out of them than $3 will bring to
> you.
You also can get a tax deduction (charitable donation-in-kind) for their face
value. There are some convoluted rules on making deductions, but this is a
legitimate one if you donate to the school-- just get a letter confirming the
donation, and attach a list of the comics & their prices.

Kaytee

--part1_1a6.2dbc873.2a24463d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 5/27/02 12:03:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rarellano@shaw.ca writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Donate them to an Elementary or Junior/High School Library.&nbsp; I guarantee <BR>
that the kids will get more enjoyment out of them than $3 will bring to you.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
You also can get a tax deduction (charitable donation-in-kind) for their face value. There are some convoluted rules on making deductions, but this is a legitimate one if you donate to the school-- just get a letter confirming the donation, and attach a list of the comics &amp; their prices.<BR>
<BR>
Kaytee</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a6.2dbc873.2a24463d_boundary--