[Groop]On-Topic: Eric's Forum

Larry Steller mrgrooism@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:11:44 -0800 (PST)

To Groo and Not To Groo...

For those of us in The Groop who have enjoyed some of
the extremely off-topic threads, I figured what better
place to continue these subjects than Eric's new Groo
Messsage Boards. Since he thoughtfully included an
off-topic section, I figured we can always continue
our off topic threads here if they threaten to
overwhelm The Groop. Good Idea? Eric? Azamin? Craig?
Anyone?

Anyway, interesting article on NY Times Online at this
link
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/10/opinion/10DOWD.html?todaysheadlines
(You have to subscribe for free to the site to read
it) that is ONE good illustration of BOTH what
Americans would call Extremes of Saudi Intolerance
and, thanks to the mocking tone of the article, an
insensitive approach to discussing the Enforcement of
Religious Tenets.

Let's discuss this over at Eric's Place!

Oh, and OF COURSE there will be plenty of GROO Threads
over there. He's already got one up about voting for
your favorite character. At last glance, Rufferto was
in the lead.

Also, I have started a fiction thread over there
called The Perpetual Groo Round Robin. To paraphrase
Bruce Springsteen, "Meet me at Eric's Place, we're
gonna have a paaaar-tyyyyy..."

=====