[Groop]OT-Nigeria (sorry)

jo567779@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu jo567779@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:36:56 -0500

Quoting Azamin Zainol Abidin <azamin7@pd.jaring.my>:

> FYI... Iranian women didn't gang raped and beaten after the islamic
> revolution...
> and Islam will not tolarate to such inhumane action...

Azamin, you seem to have a problem in confusing the sovereign country of Iran
with Islam. Iran is not Islam, they are not the same thing. I am not
criticizing Islam, I posted about Iran, and how their policies are precisely
the same as what led to the rioting in Nigeria.

The policies of Iran towards women is indefensible, and so are Nigeria's. I
think Iranian and Nigerian men who treat women this way and hide behind
religious interpretation to justify such brutality are the worst sort of
cowards. Cowards treat women in such a manner, cowards who prey on the
defenseless. I would like to see these cowards try to treat western women like
this, they would be kicked so hard in the groin, they would never get up.

As for the rape and demeaning treatment women have received at the hands of the
hateful Iranian revolution, here is a small list:

Women in Iran - A look at President Khatami’s first year in office
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/khatami.htm

Iranian Revolution Turned Against Women Who Supported It
http://www.peak.sfu.ca/the-peak/95-2/issue5/iran.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-tehrani101502.asp
"Where are you during our public executions, or the stoning of women that have
doubled under Mr. Khatami? Where are your reports on the students languishing
in prison, the girls detained, raped, and abused by the Islamic Republic's
judges?" - Farideh Tehrani is a 27-year-old woman and a doctoral candidate in
Tehran, Iran.

Imprisoned women: incarcerated in Shah’s prisons and jailed to “Islamic”
identity
http://www.iran-bulletin.org/imprisoned_women.htm