[Groop]Space-Time Contradictions

Chet Cox mormonyoyoman at juno.com
Sat Apr 12 09:47:08 PDT 2003

At the exact same moment (give or take a nanosecond) that I received
confirmation that I was deemed worthy to be a part of the Groop (O
Frabtious Day!), I also received the following:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 07:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
MAILER-DAEMON at smeagol.dreamhost.com (Mail Delivery System) writes:
> This is the Postfix program at host smeagol.dreamhost.com.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>                         The Postfix program
>
> <groop-request at groop.groo.com>: host groop.groo.com[66.33.216.73]
> said: 550
>     <groop-request at groop.groo.com>... User unknown

Since I received this message (the message quoted above, not THIS
message!), this means I couldn't possibly have received the confirmation
message entitled (or even simply titled) "Welcome to the 'Groop' mailing
list (digest mode)"!  Or, since I received the confirmation message, I
couldn't possibly have received the "Undeliverable Mail Returned to
Sender" message.  There are only two possible explanations:

1.  As Dave Barry has proved (by the art of guessing) that copies of
e-mail (especially those which are lost) become a part of the rings of
Saturn, it is entirely possible that the original message (my e-mail to
join the group, not The Original Message, which had something to do with
not partaking of some fruit) fell into a wormhole.

2.  I am a clone.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Groo (except, perhaps, that having
clones could mean I'd have to buy TWO copies of every Groo book now).

*jeep!
  ~~Chet