[Groop] A Box of Salt and GrooFest 2004!!!

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 20:21:55 PDT 2003

OK Groop, no excuses this time from all the usual
suspects plus you lurkers whom we're dying to meet as
well! You've now got a little less than a YEAR to
start saving your KOPINS for GrooFest 2004, otherwise
known as the San Diego Comic Con International, July
22-25, 2004!

Suggestion? Buy salt and then throw it away!

No really, works for me!

I take one of those round boxes of salt - if you buy
the store brand it's like 49¢ - and dump out all of
the salt (oh sure, you could actually SAVE it and USE
it, but I am on a low salt diet, so there) then cut a
slit at the bottom of the box and VOILA!!! Instant
bank!

I put all of my pocket change and singles in there
nightly, a $20 bill every payday, and watch it grow!

The best part is, you can't sneak money out without
destroying the box, so you'll raally only use it for
emergencies.

Worth a try, right?

I could start a list of people I'd insist try to make
it, but don't want to leave anyone out, but YOU ALL
KNOW WHO YOU ARE, right!!!?

(OH MY, I seem to have ACCIDENTALLY sent this to some
of you TWICE, snicker, snicker, hint hint...)

=====
-Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller
Mendicant Second Class

Check out: • FORGOTTEN NEW YORK, photohistorian Kevin Walsh's journal of fading NYC: http://www.forgotten-ny.com/ • Insider entertainment stuff and an anything goes weblog from Television/Comic Book Wordsmith MARK EVANIER: http://www.newsfromme.com/ and http://www.povonline.com/ • Comic Book Artist/Animator SCOTT SHAW!'s ODDBALL COMICS, a tribute to classic comic strangeness (and message board!) at http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/oddball/