[Groop] [eerie silence]

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 06:16:26 PDT 2003

--- C Haxton <Promethea at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> anyone there?

I'm not...

> I thought Josh's servers were in CA, but the
> deafening silence has me wondering if they're in
> upstate NY...

Actually, he moved them to Niagara Falls recently on
the advice of some experts he met recently named Pal &
Drumm...

> Some new topics :
>
> What became of the ID cards?

Logistical holdups, in part due to communications
breakdowns, but I DO plan to make an announcement
soon, waiting for my bank account to stabilize at the
end of the month.

> What's up with the purported new series?

12 Groo issues, tentatively titled GROO: FRIENDS AND
FOES, all single issue stories featuring Groo
interacting with many varied coconspirators! No
release date announced, but think end of the year or
beginning of 2004!
> Anyone else up for trading IG's ?>

Ain't got em, but I know Josh has been moderating some
attempt at an exchange or sale on his cardjones site.
which I'm sure he'll now plug again since we left him
this opening!!!

BTW, can you believe it, I DID NOT ERR!!!???

I was planning on taking my 7 year old nephew into
Manhattan on Thursday, but work intervened and I had
to unfortunately cancel plans!

Wow.

Could you imagine me and my nephew atop the Empire
State Building, as plannned, when the blackout hit? Woof!!!

=====
-Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller
Mendicant Second Class

Check out: • FORGOTTEN NEW YORK, photohistorian Kevin Walsh's journal of fading NYC: http://www.forgotten-ny.com/ • Insider entertainment stuff and an anything goes weblog from Television/Comic Book Wordsmith MARK EVANIER: http://www.newsfromme.com/ and http://www.povonline.com/ • Comic Book Artist/Animator SCOTT SHAW!'s ODDBALL COMICS, a tribute to classic comic strangeness (and message board!) at http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/oddball/