[Groop] Displaying Groo Stuff

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Wed Dec 10 21:57:43 PST 2003

Hi Folks!

Boy am I having fun with my new Groo comic shelves.  As you all know, The
trade paperbacks and the graphic novels all have wrap around covers.  As it
happens, I have two copies of The Death of Groo and so I put them on the
shelf so that the back cover of one and the front cover of the other are
side by side, thus showing the entire drawing.  It looks really cool!!!

Of course, now I am seriously thinking about acquiring another copy of each
trade paperback so that I can do the same with all of them.  Hmm.  This
could take a while.  Especially for the Marvel TPB's and the Spanish ones.
I better get started.

Oh, and I've gotten permission to do another section of wall!  Now you know
why I've been married to this woman for 27 years.  (Why she's stayed married
to me is a mystery.)

Take care all -Gary G.

PS  How do you keep a maniacal Groo fan indefinitely occupied?  Give him
less shelf space than he needs to display all his Groo comics.

PPS  Today I put on a 2 and half hour tax workshop for, and was grilled by,
50 representatives of over 1000 grocery stores, delicatessens, conveniences
stores, and restaurants about the application the new sales tax exemption
for food products. I even had to wear real shoes and a tie!!   And tomorrow
I get grilled by the Director of the Department about how it went.  This is
why I need Groo!!!  (btw, Grilled Gary is subject to retail sales tax.)