[Groop]New GROOpie

Larry Steller mrgrooism@yahoo.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:11:35 -0800 (PST)

--- mrh <great_machinder@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Larry,
> That's a pretty cool (and expensive) story - thanks
> for sharing.  Surely you don't regret the decision
> though?

Oh, no regrets at all! I tease Gary, but was EASILY
talked into buying both pages, and am thrilled I did!
NO REGRETS!

> ...One thing I'd always wanted
> was a Groo piece, but that was tough as Sergio
> doesn't make East Coast appearances.  Getting even a
> sketch was out of the question for me.

Actually, he was in NYC at the Big Apple Con a couple
of months ago! Where are you on the East Coast? I'm
currently in North Bergen, NJ.

> Luckily a
> few years ago one of his Dark Horse "Groo" covers
> was on eBay...the rest is history!  Since then I've
> managed to pick up two "Fanboy" pages and one page
> from "SA Massacres Marvel".  Is it true that he
> still has all his Epic and earlier art?  That's what
> I've heard.

Yes, I'm almost 100% sure he still has it ALL. If not,
then at least a large majority of it. If I remember
correctly, he doesn't intend to sell the Epic Groo's,
but plans to leave those to his family.

> Alas, I don't have one of those 50 sketch cards.  I
> don't even have an autograph card, but I'm looking!
> Michael
> p.s. thanks for the personal welcome.

The sketch card reference was just another lame
attempt to taunt Gary "No Sketch Card But Saw Someone
Open A PAck Right In Front of Me" Grossmann...

=====