[Groop]Aragones Pocket books

Ugly Person msudol0928 at rogers.com
Wed Mar 26 13:38:06 PST 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Grossmann, Gary
  To: Groop at groo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:21 AM
  Subject: RE: [Groop]Aragones Pocket books

  All Original.
  All Sergio.
  Circa 1978.
  It's about the dimensions of a magazine and as thick as the pocketbooks at least.  I'll send more details when I get home tonight. -Gary G.
    -------------------->Well I was only talking about the pocket books, so, technically the answer is 16 (and not 42, as some might think) but as long as you brought the other book up, is it material different than the other 16?  Is it exclusively Aragones?  Your description just confused me (huh, imagine that, confusion coming from a groo fan trying to describe something to another Goo fan).

If that's true then I do have all 16. Neat.  Mind you, some I got second hand. There was one that eluded me. Really pissed me off. Incurably Mad. Little did I know that it had just been reprinted at that point in time and I was delighted that I received it as a Christmas present. "Reissued September 1985" so it must have been Xmas 85 that I got it, before I saw it on the newsstands (which I had already given up looking.).  Different prints of Sergio Aragonés on parade have different covers. I've seen at least two.  Mine appears to be the 1979 original, and even at that time you can clearly see Groo marching with the crowd on the right hand side of the spine. It's not a Groo-lookalike; the swords give him away.