[Groop]Aragones Mad pocket books

Ugly Person msudol0928 at rogers.com
Wed Mar 26 21:20:56 PST 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Groosagi16 at cs.com
  To: Groop at groo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:05 AM
  Subject: [Groop]Aragones Mad pocket books

  In a message dated 3/25/2003 3:08:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, msudol0928 at rogers.com writes:

  ------------------>Welp, the final result is that I've got issues #1-9.  6 more to go.  WooHoo.

  Now, where to find them...

I found second-hand bookstores to be quite valuable in seeking the ones I don't have.
Mind you now, at the time, Mad was still publishing its pocket books so I assume people thought they were a little more expendable back then.  Since that has come to a halt (and they'd be quite costly otherwise) I would see them as more of a collector's item then they once were. People wouldn't be giving them up as readily unless they feel they somehow "outgrew" Mad. That may be your best bet. Or comic book stores. That's been a better source of Groo though, rather than Mad paperbacks.  But you never know.  Heck, if they can repackage old Groo issues and re-sell them, maybe it can be done with the entire Sergio Mad collection, although I'd guess that there may be more of a licensing issue.