[Groop] Re:OT: Book donations (was Library Saga Update)

Charles L. Klein CKlein at mn.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 18:44:08 PST 2003

Re:OT: Book donations (was Library Saga Update)Here in Minnesota there's at
least one Half Price Book store as well, which just happens to be about a
mile from me in a strip mall called, of all things, Miracle Mile.  Anyway,
not only do they have books, but also comics, VHS tapes, DVD, EPs, CDs, LPs,
software, and more.  Always a good place to find those books you can't find
anywhere else (or at least look for them) and find other treasures.
Interesting people seem to work there as well - last time I was there I
noticed a display entitled "Books someone doesn't want you to read".  I
asked the woman behind the counter about it and it seems there's a person
who comes in and rips the cover off of any book that says anything bad about
the Pope, so they made a display out of the books this person had
vandalized.

Is this off topic?  You may say no as well as I do as someone recently
pointed out Marvel issue 100 and the library.  Although I don't condone
vandalizing books you don't agree with, I found it refreshing for them to
take that and turn it around (whether or not they've sold anything from the
display I don't know, but still cool!).