[Groop] Comic Con

Conor Geoghegan theirishtiger at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:32:20 PST 2004

I feel the same way, my fellow Canadian. I'm over in Calgary, Alberta, and
the largest comic conventions we ever host consist of a couple local comix
creators and a few Japanese anime fans.

This, despite Calgary's comic heritage:
-Todd Mcfarlane (creator of Spawn, co-founder of Image Comics) was born in
Calgary and went to High School here
-John Byrne (involved with X-men and a ton of other Marvel comics) went to
High School and art college in Calgary
-Dale Keown (creator of Pitt, and also a cover artist for many other comics)
is from a town just north of Calgary

We can create the talent, we just can't appreciate it, heh heh.

-Conor