[Groop] My Reply

Troy & Rachel Kidder tkidder at telusplanet.net
Wed Feb 11 21:16:00 PST 2004

I have a cousin who's not canadian - does that count.

GC

--> Yes, but only in binary.  Oh, I love binary.  There's no 10 ways about
it.

--> Man, what Groos *aren't* my favorites.  I really loved #15 "Groo and the
Monks".  If I didn't love that one, I would have to choose death or the
monastery.  The first issue I ever bought was #2, when Groo was off to fight
the Mocasa.  I slayed myself laughing to hear the Minstrel's poem as he
prepares the enter the dragon's cave.  To see the growing look of terror on
Groo's face as the Minstrel describes his fate...priceless.  Of course, the
Amulet issues were great!  I can't pick a favorite!

As an aside, I visit seniors during the day in my job and I have had
occasion
to catch glimpses of daytime soaps while visiting them.  Occasionally those
soaps get so serious and ridiculously syrupy that I just want to shout out
at
the top of my lungs during the inevitable crying scene, "Hit him in the
head!
Hit him in the head!"

Elie

--> Those were the days.  Let me esplain...no, too much.  Let me sum up: Me
and some friends of mine tried our hardest to put Groo quotes into our
everyday speech.  It was difficult, but you'd be amazed where you can fit in
things like, "as any fool can plainly see."  "I can plainly see that." -- or
"Don't worry Rob, we know you're slow of mind."

Ever have slow-of-mind contests?  During conversation, one person would give
the other the line "don't worry, we know you're slow of mind."  Then the
other person would see how many days that he or she could go (without
forgetting!) before they say, "say, what did you mean slow of mind?"

The record is one year...to the day!  I wouldn't suggest trying to go that
long at first, though.  Otherwise it would be a boring game.

~Troy "Can't Kidda" Kidder