[Groop] First Grooism of the New Year

Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Mon Jan 5 14:57:19 PST 2004

Now let me get this straight.  The Threat Level is High and yet our intrepid
Groopies Janet & Elie manage to get into the Pentagon employee's parking lot
and then get out by squeezing through an exit barrier, all the while
unchecked and undetected.  Boy, I sure feel secure.  Of course it was almost
midnight.  I'm sure that's way, way past mandated terrorist bedtime.

I definitely think there is a Grooism in the story, but I'm not sure it's
Janet & Elie's.  Perhaps "Code Orange Procedures" are Groo procedures and
that's why the color matches Groo's jerkin.   -Gary "Way Behind Eric & Larry
in Posts" Grossmann

-----Original Message-----
From: Pengyfelix at aol.com [mailto:Pengyfelix at aol.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 8:29 AM
To: groop at groo.com
Subject: [Groop] First Grooism of the New Year

We had our first Grooism of the year.  I detail it over at my blog (see link
below), under the entry "Adventures in Homeland Security" (not to be
confused with "Further Adventures in Homeland Security," detailing my first
individual Grooing of 2004), but, in sum, we took a wrong turn and gate
crashed The Pentagon on New Year's Day.

We also decided it would be fun to wear our Groo shirts while touring the
nation's capitol. Although we don't have a way to show them to you (unless
someone has some website space to spare), we have pictures of us in our Groo
t-shirts with the following:
Robert E. Lee's house in Arlington National Cemetery (me)
The Wright Flyer (Elie)
Oscar the Grouch (me)
An original Apple computer (Elie)
Archie Bunker's Chair (Elie)
(all but the first one are from the Smithsonian)
Also, though neither of us are in the picture, Elie got a great shot of a
jerkin orange sign on the door of the Department of Agriculture that reads
"Threat Level HIGH Code Orange Procedures in Place."

Happy New Year, a few days late.
Janet

http://janetharriett.blogspot.com <http://janetharriett.blogspot.com/>