[Groop] Re: "Hi" Virus

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Mon Jan 19 15:46:39 PST 2004

Thanks Mark, Scott, Azamin, and everyone else for all of your help and
suggestions.

The oddest thing to me is that I cannot find any sign that my computer was
ever infected!  I've run several different scans and they all come up empty.
The only way I know I had the virus is that everyone else, including me,
received the infected message from me as a Groop member.  But it didn't
reinfect me.

So the only thing I can figure is that I got it before McAfee figured it
out, then three minutes later it sent the infected messages to everyone,
then shortly thereafter, McAfee figured it out, sent an automatic update and
cleaned out my system.

Is that possible?    -Gary G.