[Groop] (File Sharing)

Groopunk at aol.com Groopunk at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 09:00:56 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/29/2004 11:50:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Chris.Emmett at uk.standardchartered.com writes:

> Anyway, I also like to have the original artworks, listings, etc, that come
> with owning a "real" item. I find new things by talking to friends, reading
> newsgroups, watching Music programs, checking out informative websites, etc.
> I wonder how one does a search for "Things that I don't know about but might
> like" on eDonkey? :-)

The first Napster used to have a section "If You Like _____ then try _______,
______, or _______."  And that turned me on to several artists.
And as far as finding new music goes, I do all of the above as well, but I
can honestly say some artists I would have not found even through those outlets.
 And sometimes, when using those sources, I've used filesharing to get a song
or two in order to get a flavor of the band so I don't buy blind.
When buying a car, I'd talk to friends, read articles and then give it a test
drive - that's what I've done with music.  I don't abuse it.

-seth-