[Groop] (File Sharing)

Pengyfelix at aol.com Pengyfelix at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 19:10:06 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/29/2004 7:07:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV writes:
Recording something from your TV for your personal enjoyment to be watched at
a time convenient for you is not, as I understand things, a violation of
copyright law.
If it were, I would probably have someone kicking my door down and
confiscating my TiVo.  Then I would have to throw myself to the seals.

This is so far off topic that the only way to get it back on is to play "six
degrees of separation":
1.  Is recording a TV show for your later personal viewing a copyright
infringement?
2.  One of the ways to record shows for later personal viewing is with a TiVo.
3.  ME often extols the virtues of TiVo on newsfromme.com, and also wrote
many episodes of Garfield and Friends, which I have recorded from my Tivo onto
tapes for later enjoyment.
4.  ME also writes Groo.
5.  Groo is ostensibly the topic of this list.

Well, there you go.  It only took 5 steps.  I guess we weren't as off topic
as I thought.

Janet

http://janetharriett.blogspot.com