[Groop] Con Report

Pengyfelix at aol.com Pengyfelix at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 14:37:47 PDT 2004

Just walked back in the door, have not yet checked News From ME but wanted
to tell everyone who was there that it was great to meet you.  It was also  fun
at the Groo Breakfast to see the look on the hostess' face when she asked
for our name and we said "The Groop."  You'd think she'd never heard that  one
before.  I finally got to meet Tom Luth (the one member of the  Groo Crew I had
not yet met) and it turns out he once put out a penguin-related  comic in an
episode of Usagi Yojimbo.  I must obtain that.

The entire con was mind-boggling (especially preview night getting the lay
of the land, but it got better every day). I actually managed to see nearly
everything I wanted.  Now I see why you all say that Quick Draw is a  must-see
panel.  We've got to make San Diego an annual excursion!

Further con reporting, much of it non-Groo related, will be at my blog
later.  At the moment, I'm still hopped up on Bonine (chewable tablets  for motion
sickness) and I had a minor incident with my Palm where I was storing  my con
report notes.  However, I will hint that my Most Embarassing  Con Moment is
one not to be missed.  It's even better than the stupid  Adam West Moment at my
very first Con.

Janet

Individual Notes:

Kaytee:  Thanks for the bracelet.  It's absolutely beautiful, and  I will
have to wear it to work when I go back tomorrow.
Larry:  Scott Shaw! was very disappointed that you were not  there.  I
believe his exact words were "Larry Stellar?  Larry's not  here!?!"

_http://janetharriett.blogspot.com_ (http://janetharriett.blogspot.com/)