[Groop] Con Report Ademdum

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Wed Jul 28 20:40:36 PDT 2004

Hi again Folks!

I finally got to do something I always imagined doing ever since we made the
Tom Luth Famous Comic Book Creator cards.  A guy, a gentleman named Chris,
got in line at Sergio's booth with the Sergio card from the set for Sergio
to sign and the conversation went something like this:

Gary:  "Do you have the Tom Luth card?"
Chris:  "Yes, I have all of them."

And he pointed to his official Famous Comic Book Creator Card notebook.

Gary:  "But are you sure you have a Tom Luth card?"
Chris, with a quizzical look:  " I'm sure I do."

At this point he began to almost frantically look through his notebook and
he started to look concerned.

Gary:  "Well, it was pretty hard to come by."
Chris:  "Was it in the expansion set?"

Figuring I had taken things about as far as I could without being a jerk, I
told him that I was just messing with him and that a few years ago we had
made a Tom Luth card so that all four members of the Groo Crew would have a
FCBC card and that if he didn't get one from me or Tom he didn't have one.

Chris:  "Are you SURE it's not part of the expansion set?"  (I swear I
really said that!)
Gary:  "No, it's not part of the expansion set.  But I have one at home I
can send you."

A wave of relief swept over his face and he hastily gave me his card so I
could mail him the one FCBC card he didn't have, (even if it's one that a
couple of Groo fans had produced.)  And I told him that whenever he ran into
another FCBC card collector that he had to ask them: "Do you have the Tom
Luth card?"

-Gary G.