[Groop] In Need of San Deigo-LA Advice

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Sat Jun 12 12:12:27 PDT 2004

Hi Folks!

The Long Suffering Mrs. G., my Daughter, and I are going to LA the Monday
after the Con to look at a couple of colleges.  After last years well
documented fiasco of driving from LA to SD on Saturday, I was able to
confirm that driving from SD to LA on I-5 would be more of the same, i.e. 4
hours for the 120 mile trip.

Well, we are heading for Ontario rather than LA proper and going up 1-15 (or
"The 15" as they say in Cal.), which splits off of "The 5" outside of SD is
the way to go.  So my question to folks who might know is this:

Is going up I-15 late Sunday afternoon-early evening just as bad as going up
I-5 or is it significantly better?  We would rather go up the night before,
but not if it means crawling along at 30 mph.

Any insights you Southern California denizens might have would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks and take care -Gary G.