[Groop] Cuckoo Clocks

Mr Ferg ferg at eudoramail.com
Mon May 3 00:18:34 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

Ferg here again. I just re-read my previous message and it got me thinking that maybe cuckoo clocks aren't popularly supposed to come from Austria. That would be Switzerland, wouldn't it? Yes, it would and any pretensions I might have been harbouring about heightened cultural awareness are quite deliciously quashed.

Still, it's human to err, and particularly appropriate in this forum. In fact, it’s probably an entry requirement now that I come to think about it.

But that got me wondering and I start googling and pretty soon discovered that cuckoo clocks actually originated in Germany!

So, some Australians blame the Austrians for cuckoo clocks (well, I did anyway), they accuse the Swiss who, in turn, pass the buck to the Germans. I’m guessing the only reason the German’s haven’t pointed the finger at someone else is that they don’t realise anyone’s holding them responsible. Eventually, they’ll twig and start looking around for a scapegoat. I’m told the smart money is on Guatemala but I’ve had a tip from someone on the inside that Mexico might be in with a chance.

Anyway, just another 0.0120285 EUR worth (to my surprise, the $AU exchange rate is currently much better against the greenback than the Euro).

Kind regards,
Ferg

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com