[Groop] Online Comics

CrazySketchbook at aol.com CrazySketchbook at aol.com
Tue May 25 21:06:08 PDT 2004

I agree, I pretty much despise "web" comics that are basically the same
vertically aligned boards scanned and posted on the internet.  I mean, it's not
even the same size as the screen.  I'm much more of a fan of Scott McCloud and
Cat Garza's strips... also "Pup" on Serializer.net is a good example.

Buy a back-issue of Groo from your local comic book store for $1.50 - $5.00.
Subscribe to one of the webcomics sites for $2.95 for one month.  Enjoy them
simultaneously, and be happy. :-)

- Tyler Sticka
www.tylersticka.com
As far as Virtual Groo goes, I prefer not to go
against Sergio and Mark's wishes. Why would I support
the illegal downloading of Groo material stolen from
folks who have been nothing but kind and generous to
us, and who have supported our fannish extremes with
great enthusiasm?!

I know, most of you don't consider it stealing, but
whether you do or not, please be respectful of Sergio
and Mark's wishes, both of whom DO see the downloading
of their life's work without permission as
intellectual theft. Wanting something and not being
able to get it legally is no reason to disrespect
Sergio and Mark.

As far as whether or not comics are "better" in print
or cyberspace, I think content created for paper is
superior in the original media. However, as Nate
pointed out, there are a LOT of comics out there
created specifically FOR online consumption that are
MEANT for online consumption. There's some great stuff
out there!!!

Instead of downloading material that the creators feel
is stealing from them, please search out the virtual
comics that are created for the web, such as those
created by Our Man Nate. Enjoy!!!

HEY NATE, please post to the Groop the various sites
where your material can be found, as well as links to
other online comics you think we'll enjoy.

Likewise, why don't the rest of you give us some
online comic links to follow as well? This would be
Most ON-topic and a worthwhile use of this forum.

How about it?