[Groop] Question for ME

M Nasir mknasir at fastmail.ca
Tue Sep 28 22:07:49 PDT 2004

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:54:58 +0100, "Mark & Lisa Brown"
> <mark at 6thebrownhouse.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Would you consider allowing "fan club" (a.k.a The Groop) members to
>> "buy/fund/donate" their name onto the credits of the movie..... ?
>
> ME: I've never heard of people buying credits on a movie.  I don't
> think we want to start that trend.

<delurk>
They actually did something like that for the Lord of the Rings
trilogy. For those who bought a subscription to a fan
magazine/club/thingie they put out while making the films (1,2, and 3
year subs), they also got their name in the credits/on the DVD. A
friend of mine did that and if you look on the LOTR DVD's you can pull
up that list (thousands of people) and her name is in all 3.

Not something I am particularly fond of either, but it's something.

Mike....
</delurk>