[Groop] Groo meets...

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Thu Jan 13 21:22:25 PST 2005

Ah, Jason, my friend, you have great taste in cartoon characters, but it will avail you not (or is it "naught."  Sorry, I've been reading too many fantasy stories lately)

Anywho, Jason, it is BECAUSE it was your idea and not Sergio & Mark's that Groo and Popeye will never meet.  Which is actually just as well because, as much as I love him, Groo wouldn't stand a chance against the omnipotent sailor.  The cover of an old (1982) Comics Journal has Popeye punching out the Hulk.  Great stuff.  It would be fun though to see a sketch by Sergio of what he thought would happen if He & Groo met.

Take care all -Gary G.

PS  I still need some numbers and dates from some of you!!