[Groop] Groo Coup!

Chris Schechner chschechner at ev1.net
Tue Jul 12 18:52:36 PDT 2005

Gary (and the rest of you silly people),

I would love to come out to the con some time and meet all of you and spend
time doing goofy groop stuff. I actually have met Sergio and Mark a long
time ago at a con here in the Dallas area. I probably will do it some year,
but it¹s rather hard for me to travel. I have only shared this with Gary and
Paul (Animal) Weiske (sp?), but since I¹ve been a member of this groop for
so many years, I guess it¹s time to let you know. I actually am disabled.
(Sorry Eric. I¹m not doing this because you said anything.) 34 years ago
this past Saturday, I suffered a spinal cord injury in a diving accident. As
a result, I am a quadriplegic. I decided early on that I could give up or I
could move forward with my life. I chose the latter. I finished school,
learned how to draw all over again (my hands are paralyzed), learned how to
live independently as possible, and created, by God¹s grace, a good life for
myself. I won¹t pretend that it¹s been easy, but my life is rich and full. I
am surrounded by people who love me, I enjoy my work (I art direct a
magazine), I have two grown kids and three grandkids, and all in all, I¹m
quite satisfied with where I am. One drawback, however, is that it¹s hard
for me to travel. So that¹s why I don¹t come to San Diego. I love people and
would really enjoy being with you folks. You¹re a great bunch. I¹ll get out
there sometime. In the meantime, enjoy it all for me as well. I¹ll be
organizing the non-carpool for next year.

Love to you all!
Chris (Glorko)