[Groop] Hi From Dessesbo

Gary Grossmann grossfam at olywa.net
Wed Mar 2 19:37:29 PST 2005

Hi Folks!

Sorry I haven't written much lately.  But in response to various other
messages:

Eric:  I haven't found the magazine with Jennifer Garner on the cover and
Groo inside.  Yet.  A fan Web site says she's on the cover of GQ, Tribute,
Good Housekeeping, and the Star-Ledger, but I don't think it's any of those.

Ralph:  Yes, Groo v. Conan and of course Conan will not survive (to quote
Mark)  It was announced at San Diego last year and reported here.  Haven't
you been paying attention young man?

Everyone who went to WonderCon:  I am INSANELY jealous!!!!

Groo91:  You CAN'T direct the movie.  Just as any idea that people suggest
to Sergio & Mark will never be used, anyone who asks to be the director of
the movie will never be tabbed to do that job.  Clint Eastwood, Ron Howard,
Steven Speilberg, and although it may cost him his long sought after Academy
award, Martin Scorcese have all asked to be director, so they are out of
luck as well.

With respect to Wikipedia:  Someone needs to tell them to change that Groo
is "Written by" Mark.  With a couple of notable exceptions, Groo is not
written solely by Mark, although he does all the dialogue.

Let's see.  What else?  Oh, yeah, the Groop Membership Cards!  Yes, well you
probably all thought I had absconded with the money and took off to Brazil
to both escape prosecution and finally track down the only International
editions of Groo that have eluded me.

Well, ha!  I've actually taken the money and actually ordered the cards!!!

AND, the latter wasn't necessary because thanks to the combined efforts
Brazilian Groopies Borje & Eduardo, I have the two Brazilian Groos I 've
been searching for!  They arrived today!!  Thank you guys soooooo much!

As for the cards, I should be receiving them in a couple weeks.  I found out
they cannot print the accent marks, so Aragones and a couple other names
will be sans accents.  Bummer.  But other than that everything should be
great!

Gotta go. Claire needs the computer.  Take care all -Gary G.

PS  Hey who were the biggest Posters last year.  I know it wasn't me (for
once)