[Groop] Happy Birthday Mark!

Ugly Person msudol0928 at rogers.com
Fri Mar 4 14:20:22 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Grossmann" <grossfam at olywa.net>
To: "Ugly Person" <ugly at frightenstein.com>; <groop at groo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 20:10
Subject: Re: [Groop] Happy Birthday Mark!

> Mark is 53, which sounds very young to me.
>
> Sergio's BD is September 6, 1937.
>
> He lives in the idyllic little valley of Ojai about 20 minutes north of
> Ventura.

I remember that.  "Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation" can
be quite informative.
However, when Sergio filled it out for an early issue of Groo, it merely
listed a post office box in Ojai.  I  sent a fan letter which got no reply.

   The last time I heard him talk about it, Sergio was in the
> process of learning about using the computer and the Internet, but
> basically, he just doesn't have the time.  Sergio is a very intelligent
guy
> and can pretty much figure out and do anything he sets his mind to.

A no-brainer.  I knew the guy was a genius the first time I heard of him.
And since the internet basics are self explanatory for anyone who wants to
spare a few minutes, I had no doubts.

>  So if he "doesn't use the Internet openly" it's because he wants to do
other
> things that are more important to him.  (Which mostly is drawing cartoons
or
> doing stuff directly related to drawing cartoons!!)

I can dig it.  But I do have his autograph - indirectly - and I cherish it.
A hardcover book from some time abo called "Buzz and Bell - Space Cadets" I
recall The Silver Snail in Toronto sold the two versions - "plain" and
autographed (for a premium of course). To me it was a bargain.
So Sergio still doesn't know me from a hill of beans. Neither does Mark and
he's probably reading this, so what the heck.

-Sean