[Groop] sergio's garage

promethea promethea at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 18 12:00:05 PST 2005

OK..
I was going off memory... But I do hate being wrong

I went back and found some of the source material:

>Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
>Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:05:01 -0800
>
>Hi Folks!
>
>The "RapidEye" clothes were not bootleg. They were made with Sergio's
>permission by a young man and aspiring comic book creator who lives near
>Sergio and works in the garment industry. Although stitched overseas, the
>"business' was literally out of his garage.   After he sold a lot of the
>stuff via mail and at a couple conventions in 1998, the remaining inventory
>was turned over to Sergio, who sold the rest at a couple more conventions.
>I think they were all gone by 1999, maybe early 2000 at the latest.
>
>If you ever have any questions about whether a Groo item is bootleg or not
>just ask.  Some of us will always know.  btw, those stupid clocks the guy
in
>Great Britain jkeeps selling ARE bootleg.
>
>Take care -Gary G.

Re-reading it now, I realize the 'his' garage refers to 'the young man'
rather than Sergio, grammatically, the previous person to the 'his' was
Sergio ... Thus the confusion of a relatively new groopie.

So amend my statement to insert "a young friend of" Sergio, who had them in
this garage, etc.

And I found the a response ME made as well...

>Mark Evanier mail at evanier.com
>Sun Apr 11 20:20:36 PDT 2004
>

>On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:10:57 -0400, "J Brooks" <jabrooks at hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Any plans to license and/or create any new Groo Clothing?
>
>ME: Not at the moment.
>
>>Also, what ever happened to the Groo Bookends which were being created?
>
>ME: Boy, no one's mentioned those to me for months.  I think it's just
>a matter of Sergio being too busy to finish his end of things.

>www.newsfromme.com (Mark Evanier's daily weblog)
>www.POVonline.com (Mark Evanier's not-daily website)

Perhaps my memory isn't so faulty after all... ;)