[Groop] Sergio Withdrawals!

Shawn sloptamom at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 16:28:56 PST 2005

        Whew!  You scared me!

  I had to reread your post a couple of times - from your heading "Sergio Withdrawals" I thought that he “withdrew” from the recent news of him going to the SF Wondercon!  I am glad to hear that is NOT true!

  Then, opening up the post I quickly scanned it and saw that it pertained to the WWN (The World's Only Reliable Newspaper - Ha!  That always cracks me up)

  Therefore, I thought that he was no longer drawing his "Weird Picture Search" - And, since I bought the years subscription ONLY because of Sergio's cultured contribution, my heart stopped again!

   Although, I do offer you and your neighbors my deepest sympathy since your store finds it more advantageous to offer a medium that is surely less superior to that of such refinement and sophistication as the one and only WWN.  I, myself, had to search for over a month for a local store that carried such “reliable news” and never found a source at all; thus, the reason for the constant curious stares by my mail carrier.

Heart is restarted now... and doing fine.  I am going to stop jumping to conclusions now, and start lurking again....  :)

  Shawn Nicholson
  (The girl)

"Janet L. Harriett" <pengyfelix at earthlink.net> wrote:

"It looks as though my local grocery store has stopped carrying Weekly
World News! Since the checkout lines were extraordinarily long this
afternoon as everyone in town was getting their Thanksgiving dinner
fixings, I was trying to find a checkout with the WWN. If I had to wait
in line, I might as well have some Sergio-related entertainment as I
waited. Lo and behold, not one of the checkout lanes had the WWN (not
that I ever actually purchased one, so I can't rightly complain). I
didn't have the checkout lane magazine layout memorized, but it looks
suspiciously like Weekly World News' former slot is now occupied by the
new, larger-format TV Guide."