[Groop] Who Turned Out the Lights?

Grossmann, Gary GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Fri Dec 15 15:46:22 PST 2006

Hi Folks!

Well, here I am in the Pacific Northwest with no power at home.  Could be
that way for a few days or so. Of course there would be power at work, but
at least that lets me e-mail you folks.  Any other Groopies up this way with
no power at home, but maybe Internet Access through some other means?

It's a very Grooish situation at Grossmann Central.  I tried to get the
generator that we bought 7 years ago (and have never used) going, but of
course such things are beyond me.  In keeping with my relationship with
mechanical devices, I followed the instructions to the letter and the !@#$%^
thing still would not work.  (The tool I am the most skilled with is a
sledge hammer.)

But it's really no big deal.  I have lots and lots of firewood and a big
fireplace and like our hero I can at least start a fire.  In fact, like our
hero, I am very good at starting fires. If you ever need a fire started,
just give me a call.  I'll be right over.

So right now the Long Suffering Mrs. G. and her Mom and the dogs are nice
and toasty in front of the fireplace.  Later we'll heat up some leftover
casserole in the fireplace and augment it with things that are most likely
to spoil first out of the refrigerator and then top it all off by roasting
marsmallows and making schmores.

Tommorow will be interesting.  I'm going to help my son move out of his
apartment, which also has no power, so he can dump his stuff at our house,
stay for a few days, and then join his wife in Providence RI, which
presumable has power.  And sometime this weekend, I'll be bringing my
daughter home from college, where they also do not have power (today she
took a final by candle light).  She's an RA and must stay there until all
the girls in her dorm have left and many of them are stuck because their
flights were cancelled because the airport had no power.

So probably right after everything has settled down and all the
complications from the power being out have been taken care of or muddled
through, the power will come back on.  As Groo said in his very first
official appearance, "Oh, well...

Take care all,

Gary "Pyro" Grossmann