[Groop] Who Turned Out the Lights? & Lead Minis

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sat Dec 16 06:53:37 PST 2006

	Sorry to hear you guys in the Northwest have no power. By the
description of those high winds, it sounds like power is/was not the
first thing to be concerned about. I am just glad it seems people are
generally ok. Of course there are obviously other people without
internet access since the power is out.
	I just hope for everyone's sake the power gets brought back in
time for Christmas! I know Gary said he is good at starting fires, but
if you had to resort to a candle lit Xmas tree like some people did
before electricity... let's just say there would be more concern of your
Groo collection burning it up than a tree crashing down on it.
	However, if you really wanted to consider outcomes appropriate
and worthy of Groo... perhaps a more likely situation is a candle-lit
Xmas tree INSIDE your house would fall down on your Groo collection both
starting a fire AND crushing your Groo collection. Of course that would
just be the beginning of it all since a tree OUTSIDE your house would
ALSO fall down on your Groo collection crushing it further. That clearly
would not be the end though, since the second fallen tree would result
in rain pouring in through your roof, which would put out the fire from
the candle-lit Xmas tree, but also soak your now-scorched Groo
collection.
	In the end you would have two smoldering trees on your
crushed-down, burnt-up, and soggy Groo collection. The bright side of
all this is that you would at least have more light coming into your
house, which obviously is a good thing with the power out. Of course you
could be lucky too... it might not be rain coming in through the roof.
It could be snow, which would mean you would have a white Christmas
INDOORS with two fresh trees and a bunch of easily accessible
quick-burning paper from your Groo Collection to keep warm by burning in
your fire place!
	Oh wait, if it was snow coming into your busted roof, most
likely it would not be able to put out the fire from the initial burning
Xmas tree. Your entire house would probably go up in the blaze since the
fire department probably would not hear about the fire in time due to
the power being out... as Gary pointed out Groo saying in his very first
official appearance, "Oh, well..."
	Gary, maybe you should go with your son to Providence, RI and
spend Xmas there. :)

The moral of the story:
	Things could be worse. :) Happy Holidays everyone!

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention...
	Apart from the power issue, I noticed on eBay there are a couple
of lead miniature sets available, which no one has yet bid on them. I
already have all five sets and knowing how difficult set 704 (Wenches &
Warriors) was to track down I thought some of you might like to know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200059671552

	The other set on eBay is set 703 (Young Groo, Grooella, Sergio,
& Gravio).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200059671236

_TONE_