[Groop] Questions for Mark

Mark Evanier evanier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:02:42 PST 2006

Gary Grossmann wrote:

> 1.  It is great to hear that the Groo Movie is still moving forward
> or at least has not been scuttled by the many stumbling blocks that
> can deep six all such projects.  But one question I have had since I
> heard you guys had found a director is why aren't you directing it?
> I had just assumed it would be you because of all your experience in
> voice actor directing.

ME: It's a gigantic leap from voice directing a cartoon show to
directing all aspects of a multi-million dollar CGI animated feature.
Not only do I lack the expertise to do a lot of that but investors tend
to not entrust that much money to someone with as little experience as I
have in that area.  It doesn't bother me.

> 2.  What the heck is the status of the reissue of Groo: The Game?  I
> thought it was almost a done deal last summer.

ME: There was a contractual delay...our fault, mostly.  I should have a
date for you in a few weeks.

> 3.  What the heck is the status of the restart of the trade
> paperbacks?  I thought THAT was all worked out with Mike Richardson
> at the Con last year, size of the books and everything, and A-G were
> even going to be reprinted.

ME: We did work it all out...and I'm not sure why we haven't taken the
next step, which is to set up a schedule.  Sergio is going to be here
working with me on Wednesday.  I'll see if we can't unjam this one then.
  I'm still trying to get the GROO/CONAN thing underway.

By the way: Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.  My foot is all
better and I'm back to my usual lifestyle, such as it is.