[Groop] Chakal and questions...

Mark Evanier evanier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:34:11 PDT 2006

Yodazone at aol.com wrote:

> Have the Chakkal stories from Groo 50 and 51 been reprinted with  her on the
> cover yet?

ME: Gary answered this.

> Is there any chance that Dark Horse or Graphitti Designs are planning  to
> make an Absolute Edition Hardcover for Groo?  Like the way DC  comics did for
> Alan Moore's Watchman books?  Those nice  expensive, highly detailed and
> oversized books they do?

ME: No plans at all for this.  I doubt anyone would want to at this point.

> Is there any truth to the rumor of Jack Black being the forerunner to
> playing Groo in the movie?   (He was rumored to play Green Lantern  too)

ME: As Gary mentioned, we're looking at a CGI movie.  However, it is
true that one of the producers who was pursuing the movie rights tried
to interest Jack Black in the role.  This was before we decided to go
CGI.  Black was reportedly briefly interested, then decided against it.