[Groop] Groo comicon news

Ryan Simmons onewhowatches at msn.com
Fri Jul 21 16:31:50 PDT 2006

Still talking about the movie I see.

What does everyone think about a Groo movie coming out?  I mean coming out
and generating the same type of interest that Shrek, Nemo, Incredibles, etc
did?

On one hand I would love to see it if it is done the same as the comics.
Plus Sergio and Mark would benefit greatly with follow up items like books
and shirts, and that would rock.

But on the other, the everyday Groo items we collect now would skyrocket.

Great for profiteering, but I'm not into Groo for a possible financial gain.

Right now we have a relatively small group of people that mainly compete
among themselves for the various Groo items.  I'm still amazed how abundent
and cheap even the oldest Groo items are available for a pittance even in NM
quality.

But if that happened, you would be seeing damaged Groo items going for a
heck of a lot more than "like-new" items do today.

I think I'd be a little peeved.

I've been a Groo fan since '85, then over 20 years later I'd have to deal
with kids parents buying up all the choice Groo stuff.

I remember when the Red Hot Chili Peppers hit it big after the music video
Under The Bridge came out.

I was happy that they got the notice they deserved, but people kept asking
me if I heard about the "new" band that was out.

I responded that I had 5 of their albums.  There aren't a whole lot of
things I've been into that were little known and then later hit mainstream.
RHCP and potentially Groo are the only two I can really think of.  But it
makes you feel a little like it's your thing and you get a little upset when
everyone comes rolling in on a bandwagon years later.

Think about how any of you would respond if somebody asked you in 2 years if
you heard of the new movie about some guy named "Groo".

Plus I can't imagine any voice sounding right to me for Groo.  For the life
of me I can't think of any type of voice not sounding wrong when I heard it.
  Would probably irk me through the entire movie.

Eh, just what I think about it.

Ryan