[Groop] the value of a signed comic

Janet L. Harriett pengyfelix at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 19:28:46 PDT 2006

Elie A. Harriett wrote:
> The value of a signed comic is exactly what it means to the person who
> now has the autograph.
I have several autographs that mean next to nothing to most people, but
are priceless to me.  My Groo Crew Penguins would probably cause eBay to
let out a collective "WTF?", but if I had to grab five things to save
from the house in a disaster, that would be one of them (and no, I'm not
telling what the other four are).  It is four penguins, drawn by Sergio,
ME, Stan and Tom, with "Happy Birthday Janet" in big Stan letters across
the top.  Except for Tom's Rockhopper, they're not characters that have
appeared anywhere else.  In short, not the sort of thing a collector
would prize, or pay any more for than they would for a napkin doodle by
any of the gentlemen.  But to me...

> I have a practice of getting my picture taken with people I admire
> (including Sergio and Mark) and then having them autograph it.  I am
> extremely proud of that collection because it means a lot to me.

I'll vouch that it is an impressive collection of photographs.  They are
hung in the hallway between the bedroom and bathroom, which means every
day, I towel off from my shower in front of a picture of Sergio and ME.
Yeah, that's a little unsettling at times.

> Cheesedip, anyone?

Why not?  I already spread mulch today.

Janet