[Groop] Top Posters of 2005 (late again)

Gary Grossmann grossfamm at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 17:33:01 PST 2006

Gary Wrote:

> >Unfortunately, other than the fact that the movie deal is still
progressing
> >and that Groo meets Conan will someday be done, there isn't much Groo
> >news lately.  (sigh!)

Eric Replied:  (with Gary's comments)

Maybe I err, but I think there is.

*Sergio's appearance/panel at Wondercon,
*Sergio's appearance at Santa Cruz,
    (Cool for folks in that neighborhood -Loved the reports)
*Groo statue pre-order,
    (OK, I forgot about that, even though I've ordered 2)
*Groo appeared several times in the Wondercon program book,
    (Very nice, even if none were new, and Thanks very much for the copy,
Eric.)
*Sergio is going to appear at Motor City Comic Con,
    (Cool for those folks-Send us reports!!)
*There's a Groo dedication in the More MAD-Marginals paperback book,
    (OK, this one has me confused.  More MAD Marginals came out in 1980 and
doesn't have a Groo in it.  Just what are you talking about young man????? )
*Gary selling his Groo collection on Ebay, the Groo
    (Ack!!!  That's A Gary who has/had a Groo collection, not the me Gary
who has THE Groo collection)
*movie script is in the re-write phase, the movie director was selected,
    (Yes, as I said, it's cool it's still moving. But it's still years off.)
*Sergio is going to do a DC Solo issue,
    (When is it coming out?)
*Sergio will be featured in a Comic Book Artist issue,
    (It keeps getting put off.)
*Sergio found a Portugeese Groo hardcover for Gary
    (Actually, I found out about it from Borje & Roberto the translator)
*Groo vs. Conan comic books,
    (Hopefully this year?)
*Friends and Foes comic books, Dark Horse
    (It keeps getting put off)
*Groo TPBs, game re-issue,
    (Thought they were done deals last summer-got put off-waiting to hear
from Mark)
*Appearance at the San Diego Comic Con, Groopies meeting/seeing for the 1st
time.
    (Well, yes, that's always fun)

OK, OK, so maybe I was little (uncharacteristically) down on the amount of
news.  It's mostly Sergio news rather than actual Groo news, but Sergio news
is just as good as Groo news.  And I am really happy for the folks who can
make it to Motor City so that you all get a chance to meet Sergio, either
again or for the first time.

And I could have said more about the new Greek Groo, which is an absolutely
gorgeous (and big) version of the Groo Houndbook, recounting Rufferto's
orgin.  And there are two new Spanish trade paperbacks, which are always
great and usually have a new original wrap around cover.  And the number of
Groo appearances in the Weekly World News is up to 8!

Now what I really want to know is what More Mad Marginals are you talking
about, Eric?

Take care  all-Gary "All News is Good News" G.