[Groop] What made me love Groo

Gary Grossmann grossfamm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 20:31:28 PST 2006

Hi Folks!

My story is very similar to Finn's.  (Only Finn stopped before going to
far...unlike me.)

My favorite entertainment reading for quite a while was the Conan books.  My
brother knew this and the fact that I had read MAD Magazine a great deal
when we were teens in the 60's and early 70's.  So he figured I would like a
Conan satire by a MAD Magazine cartoonist.  (Gee, he kind of got that one
right didn't he.)My subscription started with Epic #3.

I actually was a pretty normal reader, as Groo fans go, until 1995 when I
noticed Groo on the cover of a Marvel Age and thought it would be fun to
collect all the publications in which Groo had ever appeared.  Well, you
know the rest...

Take care all -Gary G.